Join the team
Below is information about how to register for the fall season. These instructions will be for both members and non-members.
Registration tba shortly for YMCA members
Registration tba shortly for all non YMCA members
Rowers will not be able to practice on the water if they are not registered with the YMCA
- The web site address is www.ymcacharlotte.org.
- On the home page please click on the my account tab.
- Use the left hand side in if you have already set up an online registration account.
- Use the right hand side if you don’t already have an account set up.
- Follow the instructions for setting up an account if you do not have one.
- The instructions are fairly easy to follow.
- Once you have your account set up please select the program search tab.
- Next please type in the word crew under key word – in column on left hand side of the screen – then go to bottom and click on search.
- This will bring up the Crew: Fall Season Fee.
- Proceed with registration by clicking on this program.
For new people to the YMCA who have never been a member or participated in any programs please follow directions below for creating an account.
- Q: I have never been a YMCA of Greater Charlotte member and have not participated in any programs. How do I activate my online account?
- A: You will need to complete 4 steps to create an account for you and your family if you have never been a member of the YMCA of Greater Charlotte or have never participated in one of our programs.
- STEP 1: Click on the “Login” link at the top of the website.
- STEP 2: Click on ‘Find my Customer ID’ hyperlink under the Create new account area.
- STEP 3: Fill in your First Name, Last Name, Birthday, and Zip Code. Click Search
- STEP 4: Under the Search button it should now say ‘We were not able to locate your username with the information provided crate an account. Click on the ‘create an account’ hyperlink.
For TECHNICAL problems with registration you can contact Marla Cesario (as below). For issues of cost, fee amounts, etc contact Andrew Reinkin.
Marla Cesario / Program Accounts Representative
BRACE FAMILY YMCA
3127 Weddington Road
Matthews, NC 28105
Learn to Row
Want to try rowing? Charlotte Youth Rowing offers a Learn to Row session a few times a year to give your middle school or high school child a taste of rowing on Lake Wylie in a safe & relaxed setting.
August 25 – 26, Learn to Row at YMCA’s Camp Thunderbird.
For more information and to register contact Coach Byron “Doc” Walthall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our program is run entirely by volunteers. Our dedicated coaching staff volunteers thousands of hours every year offering practices six days a week on the lake and indoors. Additionally, we maintain a fleet of racing shells (boats), oars, coaching boats, and trailers purchased by our coaching staff and team parents. Our parent volunteers coordinate the rowers housing, travel, and supervision at regattas in addition to fundraising throughout the year.
For New Parents
Welcome aboard! Parent involvement is key to the success of CYR. We encourage our new parents volunteer for we think that is the best way to meet other parents and to learn more about the sport! There are many ways to get involved – showing up at regattas to cheer for our children, chaperoning at a hotel or pitching in at events; your help is imperative and truly appreciated. Just ask us how to help! We all have a responsibility to support the team. Please note that “Sign up genius” emails are sent out frequently for parents to register for volunteer time slots and other opportunities. Is there something else you want to know? Please visit our FAQ page!